Whelen flashing halogen beacon help

hoj1192

So I bought a couple of these beacons in red years ago. I want to mount one to my utv but i want to switch over to an amber dome. Does anyone know how to remove the dome from this model?

Attachments

• 2046B741-21AA-480F-8A5C-8F0B115375F7.jpeg
    2046B741-21AA-480F-8A5C-8F0B115375F7.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 9

dmathieu

Premium Member
Black collar holds the dome on. Slide it off and dome will come off. May need a little help to break the seal. When wiring, reversing polarity will give steady burn instead of flashing.

NPS Ranger

Veteran Member
I believe that originally was/is an anticollision light for the top of the vertical fin on a Cessna-size aircraft. For that reason 99% of them were made in red, I think they also made clear. Although they may have also sold them in the automotive catalog at one time, good luck finding an amber dome as they must be extremely rare.

dmathieu

Premium Member
Yes, auto also, in all standard colors. I have a NOS green for sale. I also have an amber in my collection. These were made in strobe and halogen for both markets.

OP
OP
H

hoj1192

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the dome off.

I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000’s these were used on the FDNY communications bucket trucks on the back tool boxes. They had an external flasher to alternate them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RFGROUP

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom