Whelen HHS-2200 One Button Alley Disable

Brian209

Feb 12, 2022
Connecticut
I have an old HHS-2200 that was set up for the one-button alley (OBA) light control. I didn't use that button, and output 4 and 5 were not wired to anything.

With my new configuration it makes sense to use these outputs as non-alley light outputs and put that button into a regular on/off toggle mode. I do not see how to get the programming software to return the button to non-OBA mode.

When I'm on the "Configure a Button" screen, I have the "Special Functions" drop down that has "One Button Alleys" in the menu. Dragging that out yeilds the 'can't drop that here' icon all over the screen.

Is there a trick I'm missing to return the OBA button to normal use and release output 4 and 5 so I can use them as regular outputs?

Thanks,

Brian

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I have an old HHS-2200 that was set up for the one-button alley (OBA) light control. I didn't use that button, and output 4 and 5 were not wired to anything.

With my new configuration it makes sense to use these outputs as non-alley light outputs and put that button into a regular on/off toggle mode. I do not see how to get the programming software to return the button to non-OBA mode.

When I'm on the "Configure a Button" screen, I have the "Special Functions" drop down that has "One Button Alleys" in the menu. Dragging that out yeilds the 'can't drop that here' icon all over the screen.

Is there a trick I'm missing to return the OBA button to normal use and release output 4 and 5 so I can use them as regular outputs?

Thanks,

Brian
What software are you using? Ive never programmed a 2200, but have done quite a few 4200s. I am very familiar with the command software, and I have never seen the button options that you are talking about.

Brian209

Feb 12, 2022
Connecticut
What software are you using? Ive never programmed a 2200, but have done quite a few 4200s. I am very familiar with the command software, and I have never seen the button options that you are talking about.
I'm using the HHS 2200 Programmer, version 1.3.0.2 which I downloaded from Whelen as I misplaced the CD that came with the unit.

1644713661366.png
Here is a screen shot of the button screen showing that Output 4 and 5 are not available due to them being dedicated to the "One Button Alleylights" function.

1644713984164.png
This is the drop-down menu with the "One Button Alleys" as the only choice. This choice can be dragged off the menu, but I've not found anywhere to drop it. The other menus have Siren Interrupt and Horn Ring that can be dragged over to the graphic of the controller, where they can be dropped.

Brian

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Dang, Ive never used that program before. The 4200 you can use Command software. Im not at my computer to see if the 2200 is available on Command. I wish that I could help, but unfortunately I know nothing about the 2200 software.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Dang, Ive never used that program before. The 4200 you can use Command software. Im not at my computer to see if the 2200 is available on Command. I wish that I could help, but unfortunately I know nothing about the 2200 software.
Whelen Command software starts at 3200, I'm not familiar with this version either.

Brian209

Feb 12, 2022
Connecticut
Whelen Command software starts at 3200, I'm not familiar with this version either.
The 2200 and 3200 are not too far off from each other. I see that Output 7 & 8 on the 3200 are pre-set to run a traffic advisor with button 11. The button 11 rotates through Off, Left, Right, Split and then back to Off.

Can the HHS-3200 be configured so that Output 7 and Output 8 are simply toggle on and off with another button, or are they locked into the traffic advisor outputs?

That's where I'm at with my HHS-2200. Output 4 and 5 are locked into the Alley lights and one button rotates through 4, 5, 4 &5 and then off. I'd like to use 4 and 5 to activate an output that I don't necessarily want to toggle through the different modes.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.