Whelen HHS2200 Question (different from other thread)

ibby

May 28, 2010
Hey folks,

Just bought one of these, just have to go pick it up.

I had a question about it that i didnt want to bring up in the other HHS2200 thread because they were in a heated discusson about the siren tones on the HHS.

My question relates to the actual programming of the scanner.

I want to hook up my horn ring so that it only does airhorn if i push the factory horn. From what I have been reading, there is an option to cycle through the different siren tones (handsfree i think they call it) but am i able to just leave airhorn on the factory horn?

Also, does it take up a button on the controller for the horn ring control? i need all the button space on the controller, and i need to know now if there needs to be a control option for the horn ring (to enable or disable it i guess). I hope not, because if i have to have one, it will always be on, and it will just be annoying to have a switch ON and GLOWING a different colour on the controller all the time.

Hope this all makes sense,

Cheers,

Ibby

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
I'm not an expert on these, but I'm guessing if you have it in Standby, it'll make the air horn. If you have an option dedicated to HF, and that's pushed, it will turn the horn ring into the the tone cycler....

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
it can be programmed to be airhorn till you hit a button on the controller to make it cycle thru the tones. example i have mine set up to turn the HF on when i hit the 3 button which turns on all lights. this siren can pretty much be set up to do whatever you want it to do...

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I can do everythink you want. I think that horn ring will take up a button on the control head like the cencom.

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
Jayzce (from the board) has his set up so that when the HF isnt pressed his horn activates the airhorn. When the HF is pressed it becomes the manual button that cycles the tones.

re-read your question and I'm not sure if you can just have the horn ring as the airhorn while the siren is going on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.