Whelen HHS3200 Programming

Scott2020

May 10, 2020
North Carolina
I have a brand new Whelen HHS3200. I need help programming it.

I have the top buttons labeled 1,2,3, Horn and Aux 1.

The other 9 buttons are labeled
Left Alley, Take Down, Right Alley
Front, Dash, Clear
Rear, Blank, Blank

I'm trying to have button 1,2,3 like a progressive switch.
1- being rear lights.
2- Rear lights and front reds
3- All lights including clear

For some reason I cant get it to work like I want it. I might be over looking something but unsure.

Thank you

JNST140

Jul 15, 2021
SC, United States
Almost all the Whelen controllers I've seen have been on/off for the modes such as SL1, SL2, SL3. SL2 turns off SL1 and combines the lights from SL1 in with it and so on.

If your wanting to use it as a slide switch instead of just adding in the respective outputs with the next level you could try setting SL2 to turn on SL1 when its on and SL3 to turn on SL1 and SL2 giving you the slide switch effect of all 3 inputs being on at the same time

Reactions: Ta2dResqr

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
You can do it a few different ways. You could just program each button to turn on whatever outputs that you desire, and not worry about it being progressive. Then you would set your inputs so that button 3 turns off 1 and 2, button 2 turns off 1 and 3, and button 1 turns off 2 and 3.

You could also specifically program the rears to button 1, fronts to button 2 and clears to button 3. Then set your inputs so button 3 turns on buttons 1 and 2. And button 2 also turns on button 1.

Ta2dResqr

Nov 19, 2015
Marengo, Ohio
You may also need button 2 to turn off 3 and button 1 to turn off 2 and 3. When downgrading from 3 to 2, I believe they would need an off command, for example for the clears.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.