Whelen Inner Edge Frame

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
How hard would it be to add my own 500 Series light head to make a Inner edge? The reason I ask is cause I am thinking of making one with me Liberty heads. I want to do it this way so that if I choose to go back to my liberty I can. I also need to know if anyone can get what I need to do it. Please let me know. If I cant find the parts I am going to make my own and I would like to know what I could use. Thanks for the help guys.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I have no idea what it would take to add them to a frame, but I know the county PD here bought several Inner Edges with liberty heads instead of TIR/LIN 3's

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
hmm,1st. off the odds of finding just a frame are going to be slim to none! 2nd the LIN6 modules that are in the liberty and most of the LIN6 that are in external and lightbar applications are not compatible. Final the only LIN6 modules you can use are the ones found in inner edges, inner beams and TN-Series,the difference is the size are alittle smaller then the standard LIN6 and they have lens built over them :)

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Yea, Looks like I am going to have to build a Housing. Now If I can only find a place for the stuff I need. The only issues with living in the middle of no where.

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Whelen no longer makes the front facing larger head InnerEdges. You can still get them as traffic advisors.

Trust me on this,the bigger Inner Edges do not take Series 500 heads. If they did, I'd have them in mine. The heads are slightly smaller than a Series 500, close enough I thought about a dremel tool but opted not to.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.