Whelen Inner Edge in 2005 Impala

Elutz89

Jun 9, 2011
USA FL
Hello, I've spend some time searching and cannot find the answer I'm looking for. Im attempting to put an inner edge in my 05 Impala. I am going to buy used as I am not made of money currently. My question is this, would a one piece model (10 head with halogen take downs; shown here http://www.whelen.com/install/139/13978.pdf ) out of a Crown Vic physically fit in my vehicle. I don't really care about having some flash back, as I have avengers and a talon on my front window currently which gives me plenty of that.

I emailed Whelen to see if they could give me the dimensions but wanted to ask here as well. If the Crown Vic one will not work, would a two piece one from another vehicle work (if so any specific vehicle)? I want at least an 8 head model, preferably with takedowns. I am able to do some modification to make stuff fit, as long as it is nothing major.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I have installed a full width Code 3 Supervisor from an 04 Impala into a 2011 Crown Vic. So if it is 45" in length it should work with modifications to the brackets

Elutz89

Jun 9, 2011
USA FL
MEVS06 said:
I have installed a full width Code 3 Supervisor from an 04 Impala into a 2011 Crown Vic. So if it is 45" in length it should work with modifications to the brackets

Were they similar in size (distance between the pillars)? Its going into the Impala from the Vic, I know that the Vic to me appears wider, whearas I'm afraid that the Impala has a smaller window. Our agency does not have any Crown Vics so I can't compare.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.