Whelen Inner Edge patter help.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I have a lower rear deck inner edge for a Charger that was manufactured in 2010. It is on scanlock patterns and I am trying to get it off scanlock. I had one of these for a crown victoria and the flasher board was an actual flasher and had a scan lock wire coming from it. How do I get this one off scanlock patterns and on to just normal patterns.
They wire leads coming out are as follows and i will put what they are doing when 12V applied.
Red 12+
Black - Ground
Blue - warning patterns (scanlock)
White/Black - traffic director right
Orange - traffic director left
White/Green - Low Power
Brown - nothing
White - nothing
White/Orange - pattern change

4871AA95-0BA4-4B9E-861E-8366C77D936A.jpeg
318CB038-8448-4085-B8E4-5039AAC1CEF6.jpeg
8804E75A-9FC4-4561-A0DD-BC7340A76B4F.jpeg

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
I've never seen a scanlock wire that wasn't white and purple. I should be able to check for you Monday or I have a tech contact at Whelen that can help you out.

Reactions: fireman616wfd

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I've never seen a scanlock wire that wasn't white and purple. I should be able to check for you Monday or I have a tech contact at Whelen that can help you out.

I thought about just calling Whelen Tech. Was hoping someone on here knew before I went through that.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I have one for a Crown Vic in my car and would like to get mine to flash Left 1/2 then right 1/2...so I dont have to deal with the funky patterns too...also...free bump!

The one I had in my crown vic had an actual flasher.. coming from the flasher was a small scan lock wire that I activated 12v+ to and changed the patterns there (not on the scanlock coming from wire harness) and it took it out of the scan patterns and into the regular patterns bank. This one in this Dodge is completely different?? It has a board and not a flasher so I’m confused haha. Around same year on the lights too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.