Whelen Install Questions

tkdevils31

Jun 2, 2022
New Jersey
Good Evening Everyone, I recently just purchased a Whelen HHS3200, I wanted to start small into buying my sirens and lights as I am new to the whole scene of wiring them together since I don't have thousands of dollars to drop all at once. With this being my first purchase I was looking at Whelen Inner Edges but they all state they need a WeCan port, Is this able to be added to the HHS3200 which does not have a WeCan port or did I just basically waste my money?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The WeCan is a separate interface box. If I am understanding your question correctly, you would wire your inner edge to the WeCan and then the control / trigger wires from the WeCan to your HHS3200.

Reactions: Exlawman1

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Like has been stated, there are two different types of controlling, actually three now. WeCanX, WeCan, or low current. With WeCan, and WCX, you would need to use a control point. You can program the control point to do whatever you want depending on your input wires. With Low Current, it is similar, but bar will just flash certain modules in a certain pattern when the low-current wires are triggered. I would go the control-point route, either WeCan, or WCX, because you have way more options as far as programming, and it will be much better if you ever upgrade your system to Core, or a Controller with WeCan. WCX would be what you want if the prices aren’t much different.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.