Whelen ion duo question

nhfirefighter

May 21, 2010
USA-New Hampshire
I see many ion/ion-t duos set up to flash one light head one color while the other flashes the opposing color at the same time then they swap.

For example red/white - light head 1 is red while light head 2 is white then vise-versa. Can this be accomplished with the built in flasher or do you need to use an external flasher to do this?

I know the federal light heads allow you to program color order but don’t see this with the Whelen ones.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I just tied two ION duos together, and went through some flash patterns. If you are looking to have both lights flash on at the same time, no, there is no pattern or phasing that will flash different colors at the same time. You can get them to alternate back and forth with different colors.
However I have achieved both lightheads on at the same time, while flashing opposite colors using split color IONs. But with splits, you only get half of the ION flashing per color.

Attachments

• E9182831-BB69-4E7C-9206-99C773DCAC21.jpeg
    E9182831-BB69-4E7C-9206-99C773DCAC21.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.