Whelen ION Series

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
They may not have invented it, but whelen will perfect it. ..... sorry I had to. But seriously, it's a mounting spot, not a really radical concept.

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
I'm an all Whelen guy and I KNEW that was gonna happen, but I figured it would be after I ordered Ghosts. So far they don't have the color combos I want and they're $165 each (eek!) so we'll see what happens...

I figured they would have a lower price (about $100-120) to compete with the Ghost; you could buy 3 TIR3's and have almost $15 left over for that. $330 vs. $190 for a set of two - real hard choice here.

led0987

Jul 13, 2010
Joplin, MO
I would recommend you go through your local distributor for the best pricing. We use two local guys for not only the Police department, but Fire and Personal as well. If $165 is the list price, you should easily be able to find those lights for $110 or less. Give it two weeks and I'm sure sirennet will have them too.. but they will be the new Sirennet Whisper series or something like that lol.I wonder how they stack up against the ghost as I was looking to buy two of those myself. Video's please!!!!

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
We have the lights for 99.99 but I might suggest waiting a bit as we should have a promo on them for less come the first of the year. We had a chance to see them a month or so back and they are extremely bright. I do not like to compare one brand against another so let me just say you will not be disappointed...

We will get a video up as soon as our demos come in. The mount is very sturdy and allows for all angles and grill applications as well.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-ion-super-led-lighthead-w-universal-mount.html

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
regardless of who had it first,i normally only used whelen lights but i just installed sos ghosts and like the design better than the w version

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
Sirennet TV has a brief segment in the new Cops West video. One of them was set up as a deck light and had a flashback shield on it.

I'm looking at a set of ghosts to go in the back window of my Jeep... so far Whelen only has red, blue, amber, and red/blue available, and I need a blue/amber combo so that will be the determining factor. Sound Off really did a nice job with the Ghosts and it would be a hard act to follow - but according to Whelen's product bulletin they are brighter than the other two and have better off-axis light, but I would rather make that determination for myself.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Well it has been posted here.... id find the link but I'm on the mobile browser... I'm sure PIMPO will be around shortly

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
cory y said:
Well it has been posted here.... id find the link but I'm on the mobile browser... I'm sure PIMPO will be around shortly
Wouldnt surprise me in the least... I did attempt to findnt first, and yes, I'm on my iPod Touch @ work, not allowed to use laptop until I'm off training (lame)...

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I was almost ready to do Ghosts or something similar for the back window of my 2009 F-150 but I want to see how the ION looks.....the only video I've seen is the Sirennet one from Cops West.

Anyone that gets any, PLEASE post your thoughts and opinions on it.

AggiePhil

Jul 17, 2010
Southwest
Don't think it comes up in a search because the word "ION" is only three letters long and this site ignores that in searches. A problem, IMO.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.