Whelen Ions & Wecanx

Advancedstreet

May 10, 2024
New Jersey
This may be a dumb question but im just getting started. I want to wire to my WCX CCP so I can configure my Duo Ions in the command software.
Where I’m confused is do I wire the flash pattern wire to the WCX as well or how does that work? And also to configure these in command is it through virtual events? Thank you!

A CCP will only flash WCX devices, such as lightbars, tracers, etc.. Ions have an internal flasher that will sync up to other Ions. That internal flasher does not sync to other WCX devices. If you want to flash your Ions via Command programming, you need a flasher, such as a smart logic, or one of the many Core options. Core, Core S, Core C(with an expansion module) or Core R(with an expansion module.) you can also flash them with Command on older Cencom options like Carbide, or Cantrol.

For lights with sync or pattern wires you tap through the various patterns on the select wire and set it to "solid on" (dummy) mode. The brain box (Core, Carbide, Cantrol) will then be used to control it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkdreamer3