Whelen Justice linear 6 modules vs Whelen Liberty linear 6 modules?

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Has anyone ever seen both and could comment on them? I understand the Justice is considered a lower cost bar, and I was wondering if Whelen uses leds that are not as bright to lower the overall cost of the bar.

Are Whelen Justice linear 6 modules as bright as the Whelen Liberty linear 6 modules?

I understand the idea of which is brighter is subjective, but I was wondering if there was any real difference in output, or beam pattern, between the linear 6 modules besides the mounting design.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
In my opinion, the Justice LIN6 modules are every bit as bright as the 500 series LIN6 in the Liberty. While the Liberty has always been one of my favorite lightbars, the Justice LIN reflector is smaller and seems to present more of a punch. If you are worried about cost, I would think that he LIN version of the Justice would bring the cost of the bar back up... the CON3 modules are what typically make it cheaper.

If I had to choose a bar, I would choose the Liberty, only for the looks, but I would take a LIN Justice if I had to.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Same/Similar modules, different mount. The difference between the 2 is minimal, if any.

billforbush

Jun 10, 2010
Northern Michigan
Are the Justice LIN6 modules markedly brighter than the CON3s? Worth the $ to upgrade? Also, any opinions on whether the CON3s are more efffective with or without the diffuser lenses? Thanks

Bill

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
billforbush said:
Are the Justice LIN6 modules markedly brighter than the CON3s? Worth the $ to upgrade? Also, any opinions on whether the CON3s are more efffective with or without the diffuser lenses? Thanks

Bill

Can't really answer on the diffuser deal but, honestly unless you are at a pretty good angle the CON3s in most Justice bars appear to be just as bright as LIN6s most of the time.

Rusty51987

Oct 13, 2013
NY
will the liberty modules fit inside a justice bar ?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.