Whelen LAW2CC or Vertex???

FFEMT75

Jun 11, 2010
Houston, Texas
So....New Tahoe PPV is here. It actually came with the built in HLF and TLF so I'm not 100% sure on doing this, but I was wondering what the thoughts were on putting the LAW2CC kit in the daytime running light spot (which is deactivated).

I'm not sure if it's worth the extra and someone said something about the LAW bulbs were burning out more often. I was debating LAW2CC or the Vertex in the rear instead of using the stock flasher because I don't want white flashing to the rear and the LED offers more pattern options and colors.

Anyone know much about the LAW2CC kits? Some of the local Tahoe's I've seen have the complete tail/turn replacement system from whelen but I don't want to do that because of the price. I can get the LAW2CC for 150 and the Vertex for 110....just looking for the opinions of them.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
IMO you should go with axixtech tri's, they are about 1/2 the price and have better output IMO that is!

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Vertex. Although the LAW is brighter Whelen stopped making them since they burn out. I have 2 pairs of LAW's where all but one strip of the LED's stopped working. I sent one set back to Whelen and they replaced it. I still have White LAW's in the corners of my POV and in one only one strip is woking. I just have not had the time to take it out and send it back. I would not buy Whelen LAW's again.

FFEMT75

Jun 11, 2010
Houston, Texas
OK thanks, I actually replaced all of my turn signals on my motorcycle with the axitech. I have one pair for the left and the other for the right, it's pretty nice because they're brighter and from the side they alternate front to back....and when I turn them both on at the same time I have hazard lights!

I'm just looking at Whelen because well, they're the big dogs and the majority of my stuff has been Whelen. I can understand the LAW burning out. That is a lot of light and I'm sure it gets really hot. I guess I'll go with the LINZ6 and hold off on any led haws for now.... we'll see. Thanks for the opinions

EMSChief1

Jul 17, 2010
NY/NJ
I have a LAW4RRBB in the front and a LAW2RB. I've had to replace all the blues TWICE because of the leds burning out. Every six months I would lose two strips of 3 on each blue. Never had a problems with the red. They are bright (12 LEDs per bulb). I've seen the Vertex's and they are not that bright in my opinion. The Soundoff on the other hand...just as bright as the LAWs in my opinion. I know they only have 6 leds in each bulb like the vertex but the really do shine like the LAWs. And and inline flasher...can't beat it. Price is good too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.