Whelen Liberty Cruise Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mont_popo

Jul 25, 2019
AL
New to the site.
I have a 2017 Ford Taurus Interceptor with a Whelen Liberty light bar. I have take down, alley, directional bars , and the gun lock on my control box. In the wiring I have the orange and white wire used for the cruise light feature. I attempted to place this wire on a toggle switch with a positive and ground attached, the lights worked but remained on with the switch in and off. Is there a way to add these lights on a rocker switch that is functional for when I want to use them since I have no extra location on my control box? Any help is appreciated!

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Do you possibly have the switch wiring wrong? If not then the switch is faulty. All you have to do is power that wire to turn on the cruise. That may have modified the configuration over the years but mine is not like the low power wire where you can momentary or latch. The only reason you would need a ground at the switch is for an indicator light.

mont_popo

Jul 25, 2019
AL
I’m gonna replace the switch and see. Hopefully that’s all that it is. You are correct the ground is only to have the indicator light on the switch itself to show when it’s powered on.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
If you have the Sulply, Load and Ground mixed up the switch illumination could operate correctly while leaving the Cruise lights on. The simplest way to troubleshoot would be to disconnect the switch and apply + to that wire. You could try a short burst and a longer one to see if the lights latch. I dont think they made any latching Cruise lights as they can be hooked to the headlight switch. I could be wrong about that as I dont know all the revisions. The above test should answer that for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.