Whelen liberty moisture issues

Da-Sarge

Registered Member
hello all I have a 49" Whelen liberty SL amber lense with take downs and allies. im getting moisture in the bar but all lenses look clear accept the clear section over the takedowns. It looks like a cold drink on a hot day with condensation. any ideas on how to go about fixing this moisture issue before it kills light heads as they are rather expensive here in Canada and the corners are really hard to find since they aren't made anymore

Do the new style end caps come in amber with allys?
 

Tony P

Moderator
Support Staff
Did you use the search function?

 
OP
OP
D

Da-Sarge

Registered Member
Did you use the search function?


ive looked at those posts but was looking for other opinions as well plus the images and videos in said posts are also dead
 

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
ive looked at those posts but was looking for other opinions as well plus the images and videos in said posts are also dead
Not sure you're going to get any different opinions than what you're getting from three lengthy threads documenting a well known issue with that bar. Not sure why you need photos of other moisture when the content of the posts is still visible otherwise...

As for the new endcaps with amber and alleys, I don't know.
 
OP
OP
D

Da-Sarge

Registered Member
Not sure you're going to get any different opinions than what you're getting from three lengthy threads documenting a well known issue with that bar. Not sure why you need photos of other moisture when the content of the posts is still visible otherwise...

As for the new endcaps with amber and alleys, I don't know.
I haven't had the liberty apart before so I'm kind of wondering how the lenses seal i did read the spacers foam can fold in causing a spot for water to get in i don't mind clear end caps if I got to in order to get this moisture issue under control
 
OP
OP
D

Da-Sarge

Registered Member
I stripped down my bar today the water in it was pretty bad :( thankfully cleaning all the electronics was easy i cleaned everything and found pretty much every lense spacer fome tabs were folded not in the channel on the extrusion and the clear section on the front for the takedowns the previous owner butchered the end while cutting it so now I'm looking for a 9.5" to 10" piece of clear to fix that bad piece i did put in a few of those packets like I usually do in headlights after a retrofit I'm pretty sure once I replace the butchered section of clear I shouldn't get problems anymore
 
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
7
Guests online
98
Total visitors
105

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
47,507
Messages
418,403
Unanswered questions
8
Members
17,133
Latest member
Bobby Smalley
Top Bottom