Whelen liberty moisture issues

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
hello all I have a 49" Whelen liberty SL amber lense with take downs and allies. im getting moisture in the bar but all lenses look clear accept the clear section over the takedowns. It looks like a cold drink on a hot day with condensation. any ideas on how to go about fixing this moisture issue before it kills light heads as they are rather expensive here in Canada and the corners are really hard to find since they aren't made anymore

Do the new style end caps come in amber with allys?

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Did you use the search function?

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Did you use the search function?

ive looked at those posts but was looking for other opinions as well plus the images and videos in said posts are also dead

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
ive looked at those posts but was looking for other opinions as well plus the images and videos in said posts are also dead
Not sure you're going to get any different opinions than what you're getting from three lengthy threads documenting a well known issue with that bar. Not sure why you need photos of other moisture when the content of the posts is still visible otherwise...

As for the new endcaps with amber and alleys, I don't know.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Not sure you're going to get any different opinions than what you're getting from three lengthy threads documenting a well known issue with that bar. Not sure why you need photos of other moisture when the content of the posts is still visible otherwise...

As for the new endcaps with amber and alleys, I don't know.

I haven't had the liberty apart before so I'm kind of wondering how the lenses seal i did read the spacers foam can fold in causing a spot for water to get in i don't mind clear end caps if I got to in order to get this moisture issue under control

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I stripped down my bar today the water in it was pretty bad :( thankfully cleaning all the electronics was easy i cleaned everything and found pretty much every lense spacer fome tabs were folded not in the channel on the extrusion and the clear section on the front for the takedowns the previous owner butchered the end while cutting it so now I'm looking for a 9.5" to 10" piece of clear to fix that bad piece i did put in a few of those packets like I usually do in headlights after a retrofit I'm pretty sure once I replace the butchered section of clear I shouldn't get problems anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.