Whelen Liberty (WeCan) problem

#1texan

Apr 17, 2016
Texas
Looking for some assistance with a Wecan Liberty bar. It is wired to a universal control point and when powered on nothing happens. I have ruled out the control point as the problem (hooked it up to another Liberty Wecan bar). I also took the top off and check the fuses on the I/O board (all good). So I'm thinking that it is probably the I/O assembly, any other ideas on what else it might be or how to determine if it is the I/O board for sure?

Also this was purchased as a used bar and is no longer covered by warranty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jul 14, 2014
NV
If the I/O board is getting + and - 12VDC to the large red/black wires at the connector and the wecan cable is sending signals to the I/O board then is sounds like the I/O board is the problem.

HCR1990

Jul 29, 2010
Lake Jackson,Texas
If you haven't already, you need to create a new bar under the WECAN programmer software, then send the blank file to the lightbar. Once you've done that you should be able to program the bar normally. I had the same issue with a TXDPS liberty that I bought and tried to use the universal control point with

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.