Whelen lightbar mounting kits

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
I just purchased a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500WT (Work truck), 4WD, standard cab, longer bed. I want to install one of my full-size Whelen Liberty lightbars on it. I am unable to locate a Whelen part number for the mounting hardware. Can someone give me the part number for the brackets that are attached behind the weatherstrip at the top of the doors? I have a set from my 2005 Tahoe (325 miles away at the moment) . Are they the same part as the 2011 Silverado mounting brackets?

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
code4services.com said:
I think it is strap kit #71. Whelen lists this kit for 52"-55" bars. Not sure if it will work on a 48".

Thanks, Jared

Do you know if this is the same part number as the kit for a 2005 Tahoe?

Terry

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
code4services.com said:
See the edit above, I was dyslexic for a minute. :D

The mounts appear to change in 2007 and up so your 05's will be wrong/different.

Got it - thank you again

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
I'm using a 48.5" Ultra Freedom (roof mounted) and a 48.5" Liberty (toolbox mounted).

Actually, I am going for maximum 'overkill' (using multiple lightbars and multiple beacons, mini-lightbars, and individual LED heads). When done it will surpass my previous 'over the top' lightshow. But, in direct answer to your question, the answer is 48.5" This size worked well on my 2005 Tahoe and I am going with it on the 2011 1500WT.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.