WHELEN LIN4s

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have 4 LIN4s that have been sent to Whelen to be repaired for moisture issues, i am about to install some more lights and noticed that all of them are having issues again.... I Am getting fed up with this. My lin3 and tir 3 dont have these issues, Is it wrong for me to request that they replace these with something else? i dont mind going to Tir3s i am just getting fed up with having to remove them yet again...

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
The lin4's suck in terms of moisture problems! Lin4's always seem to be the one light head that draws in moisture!! I would send them in and request that they replace with with linz6's!

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I sent four lin4's back to Whelen with the same problem, was told that they are replacing

them with linz6s. Well thats a total lie, as I was sent back brand new lin 4's and I was

told they have plenty to replace. I really did'nt care for the over rated linz6's and was glad

to get brand new sets of lin4's as I found spitfire housings and am using as inner edges

inside of the vehicle as I would never use another whelen leds outside, I can't afford

to keep sending leds back to Whelen that was mounted on the outside. My suggestion

is too send them in again, once you get them back use them on the inside of the

vehicle. If Whelen was to replace my lin4's with the linz6's I would trade them off and

use my pods. :mrgreen: Also the justice bars are just as bad for drawing moisture.

You think that the ONCE light king would find a solution, but thats why so many people

are finding other leds from other companys, less hassles of replacing Whelens leds.

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens

May 22, 2010
New York City
its wrong in the sense they are probably not going to send you back a different model !!!

few weeks ago, i bought a set of lin4 on ebay... turns out they didnt even turn on......

sent them in... 2 days later i had a new set.......

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I was told this morning that they have a limited amount of red Lin 4s, not enough to replace mine so they said I'm getting linz6 which happy about since I haven't heard issues with them leaking

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I was told the same thing, but the red lin 4's showed up from whelen when I received them

back. So what I am doing is looking for spit fire housings and turning them into spilt fire dash

light,inside side lighting of the vehicle so I don't run into problem again. Actually I am glad they

send back the lin4's and not the over rated linz6's.My plans was to trade off the linz6's if

they were send back in place of the lin4's. But all is happy on the home front.

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.