Whelen mini Freedom question

Vallejolightman

Sep 22, 2013
Calif
I have a couple questions guys and gals, I currently have a Whelen freedom FT8 that seems to be missing some wiring (photos attached). I am also wondering if Nascar decaled/used bars maybe spec'ed differently then the standard freedoms (photo included).20180516_122329.jpg20180516_122438.jpg20180516_124055 (1).jpg20180516_121759.jpg

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The NASCAR decals were a phase. Lots of Whelen products came with them. I don't believe Whelen used them to indicate anything about the products. I understand it to have been merely advertising.

What wiring is your mini Freedom missing? It looks like it has everything that the installation manual describes.

Vallejolightman

Sep 22, 2013
Calif
The NASCAR decals were a phase. Lots of Whelen products came with them. I don't believe Whelen used them to indicate anything about the products. I understand it to have been merely advertising.

What wiring is your mini Freedom missing? It looks like it has everything that the installation manual describes.

Whelen explained to me that the Freedom is able to flash 4 additional heads and I couldn't figure out how, So I figured I must be missing some wiring or an I/O board and figured I'd ask people more familiar with freedoms than myself (I'm partial to libertys).

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
From the looks of it you have a Whelen internal economy flasher, versus an IO board as you stated, which is what that plug is for.

To add/flash more heads you can either add another flasher internally or upgrade to an IO board

Vallejolightman

Sep 22, 2013
Calif
From the looks of it you have a Whelen internal economy flasher, versus an IO board as you stated, which is what that plug is for.

To add/flash more heads you can either add another flasher internally or upgrade to an IO board

Thank you, I was so darned confused.

Reactions: Dave F

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
heres some help dont know if its what your looking for but its what i have...

Attachments

• 13743.pdf
    466.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 13745.pdf
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 13781.pdf
    523.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 13783.pdf
    572.8 KB · Views: 2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.