Whelen NFPA Freedom bar add modules?

Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find it in the search feature. My career fire department just took delivery of a new Spartan fire engine. The chief doesn't know anything about lights and got the basic 6 module 72" freedom... is it a simple matter of getting modules and plugging them in the unpopulated areas? Any advice would be appreciate the truck is beautiful minus the unpopulated bar. Picture for attention!
EB64908F-796A-4BC2-8E6E-AD24B68B735C.jpeg

That is a Freedom IV, not a standard Freedom,
the heads are not interchangeable between the models,
but pop a lens off and if the harness is there then you can add the proper Freedom IV modules to it simply, other wise youll need to update the IO board and internals/wiring

Reactions: JohnMarcson

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I have the same question. A customer asked if they could add modules to their NFPA bar, I will not have a chance to get down to them and open it up to see what internals are there for some time. Any help would be appreciated.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I have the same question. A customer asked if they could add modules to their NFPA bar, I will not have a chance to get down to them and open it up to see what internals are there for some time. Any help would be appreciated.
The vast majority of the time, the board and wiring harness is in place. As long as they get the correct generation modules for their bar, it is simple plug and play.

Reactions: MPD 818
feel free to shoot me an email, I have all parts available
Sales@JPerryLighting.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.