Whelen patriot help please

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
okay well our pd has a whelen patriot bar that is all strobe in the front and has a six 5mm led heads in the rear in amber. Well the bar pretty much works when ever it wants too sometimes it all works fine sometimes only the outer strobe heads work sometimes the entire bar shuts down except the leds and take downs they work all the time no matter what. i can hear the bars power supply fireing away but the strobes just dont flash sometimes whats the deal. My cheif thinks he needs to replace the entire bar but i told him its probly just the power supply what do u all think.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
I would say that if there is only 4 strobes given you fits it could be a PS but if it more than 4 it is more likely the board. But first check out all your wiring & grounds.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
After you check all the obvious (connections, grounds, etc.) I'd venture to guess the power supply also - the LFL412 ps's are FAR from reliable from what I have seen.

I've had Patriots before w/bad power supplies that would work fine, then slowly stop working & shut down all together.

The board is also a possibility.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Thanks guys i figured it probably would be the power supply. We sent the unit to get outfitted with the new decals since the unit was new and also the lighting and advised the outfitter to check out the lightbar and make sure it worked before installing it and sure enough it was sent back to us and they told us it was fine and the moment i flip the switch nada it dosent work. I was pissed i promise you that that installer did not even check out the bar :x. And the messed up part was that he installed two brand new par 36 leds on the front bumper and what do you know one of the lightheads was not even wired correctly so it does not even turn on unless u mess with the wire WTF.. :x And this guy does all the major installations including Texas State Trooper cars in the area.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.