Whelen Patriot question

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Is a Patriot like a Liberty in that you can simply buy more light heads and add them to it, or is there only a certain number that it can power?

invisble ink

Jun 17, 2010
Old Bridge, NJ
I believe the max on strobes is 8 for the Patriot. Two power supplies with 4 outlets each. The Liberty's head are connected directly to the control board where the flasher is built in.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
What about LEDs for the patriot? I would prefer those, anyway. I'm going to try to get more info on it with out taking it apart so I can see if they are ballast heads or not.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Thanks HPD. I wasn't sure. All the ones in the dept are the 4 corner strobe, 4 TIR 6 model. I'll be looking at your for sale page directly!

MikeD

Jul 3, 2010
Richmond, MI
The patriot is set up for 8 strobes and is also wired for up to 12 LED's..... Trust me!!!!

Mine has 12 LED's and 2 rear facing strobes... just because I couldnt get 14 LED's..... yet!!

mrburch24

May 24, 2010
Mobile, AL
So Patriots are ALWAYS passive? What all 500 series LEDs does/has Whelen made in passive? 5mm, TIR6, LIN6, LIN8, LIN12 (corners)? Are any of them ALWAYS passive? I needs some red lightheads to replace my blue TIR6, but sellers don't always seem to know what they have for sure. It be nice to know if I can "always" buy LIN6 or LIN8 and know it will work. I have an 8 strobe/6 LED Patriot.

-mrburch24

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.