Whelen PCC8R Wiring. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
The install guide does not say what the yellow, green, and orange wires coming from the relays are for. :? It says:

"Refer to the illustration below for wiring information".

The diagram is literally a picture of a fuse! FAIL!

EDIT: I was able to somewhat figure it out, but would still love to have someone clarify for me.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Are you using the 'dry contact' or 'standard contact'? Also, are the buttons turning stuff on or off?

It appears that using the wire in the middle position (#2) of either setup will get you +12 when the button is pushed, while the top (#1) will cut power from that wire. You wouldn't use the bottom position (#3)

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
rwo978 said:
Are you using the 'dry contact' or 'standard contact'? Also, are the buttons turning stuff on or off?

It appears that using the wire in the middle position (#2) of either setup will get you +12 when the button is pushed, while the top (#1) will cut power from that wire. You wouldn't use the bottom position (#3)

Thanks Ryan. I ended up getting Hugh A. to explain it to me. I actually ended up removing the #1 and #3 wires completely from the connectors. I found another install sheet on line and it appears mine is a mis-print. Mine shows how to change between Dry Contact and Standard Contact, but the legend to the right explaining what each pin does is absent. :shock:

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
Dave, please let me know how you like the PCC8R. I am thinking about getting one for my truck. Thanks.

Mike

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Purple Lights Guy said:
Dave, please let me know how you like the PCC8R. I am thinking about getting one for my truck. Thanks.

Mike

Sure will, Mike. I've taken it out of the box and played with it, but haven't installed it yet. Might be a week or two before that happens with my schedule.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Since this is your thread Dave, I'll hijack it to say Hi. I finally signed back up.

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
Yeah I haven't had my xbox setup because I moved. Been really busy at work though. I won a contract for around 90 vehicles for a service agency. I'm in the middle of it now. What's new with you besides buyng a new switchbox?

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Purple Lights Guy said:

Mike

Had mine just under 12 months. Its not (readily) programmable - i am thinking of going to the new Brookings or even my old Galls XL400 - both are from Touchtronic

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
SoundOff is selling the Brookings models as well. I don't understand how or why a manufacturer would produce a switch panel where all the outout wires are the same color!

YorkFire25

Jul 6, 2012
York Maine USA
I just bought one of these and plan to install it tomorrow. Anyone else have trouble with the legends? The legends seem to be bigger than the space alloted. Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do?

IslandFleet

Jun 13, 2010
Honolulu, HI
the legends are actually the correct size - they appear larger, but if you look closely at the buttons you will see there is a "lip" that you must slide the label underneath for it to sit flush. The lip acts as sort of a "frame" sround the label. Labeling the buttons was actually 10x harder than the actual install as you are trying to get the label under the lips while fighting the adhesive at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.