Whelen PCC8R wiring question

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Good afternoon all.

I have one question that I can not find the answer for in regards to the PCC8 R. I would like to wire one switch as a horn transfer. Can this be accomplished with the PCC8R? I searched the board and web, found the install sheet ( http://www.whelen.com/install/143/14326.pdf ) and still can't quite figure it out. It looks and sounds like the NO/NC contacts from the relay are supplied by the power input from the control board. Is there a way that I am missing by using the fuse location 1 and/or fuse location 2 that would allow the input to be brought in seperatley?

Thank you,

Josh

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
The best way to do this would be to use the PCC8R to drive an external relay and have the "normal" horn hooked to the NC side and the siren to the NO side.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thank you. I was hoping to avoid having to wire the relay to keep everything neat and clean... But one instead of 8 like i have now with the wildcard box still isn't bad. :)

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
No problem. It's probably also a tad bit safer to do it this way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.