Wanted Whelen Piercer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Parts or whole. will consider any condition. THX!!!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Parts or whole. will consider any condition. THX!!!

I have two; Both work, the bulbs do not "missfire" and they have intact housing and screw holes and would come with a new in bag mounting kit. The more yellowed one is $75 shipped the nicer one is $100 shipped (including mounting kit).

These show up on eBay for about this price point (plus or minus $15), with hardware but not bagged hardware. Also Ranger Services may have them for cheaper, I have no idea. I price these based on the mounting hardware and testing them to be "actually working" not getting ready to fail.

PXL_20220708_203529492.MP.jpgPXL_20220708_203514048.MP.jpg
PXL_20220708_203524505.MP.jpgPXL_20220708_203518993.MP.jpgPXL_20220708_203510436.MP.jpg

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
I have two; Both work, the bulbs do not "missfire" and they have intact housing and screw holes and would come with a new in bag mounting kit. The more yellowed one is $75 shipped the nicer one is $100 shipped (including mounting kit).

These show up on eBay for about this price point (plus or minus $15), with hardware but not bagged hardware. Also Ranger Services may have them for cheaper, I have no idea. I price these based on the mounting hardware and testing them to be "actually working" not getting ready to fail.

View attachment 237644View attachment 237647
View attachment 237645View attachment 237646View attachment 237648
Haven't forgotten you, John! Would prefer the better unit with install kit; just need a little more 'mad money' -also, is there such a thing as colored lenses for these?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Haven't forgotten you, John! Would prefer the better unit with install kit; just need a little more 'mad money' -also, is there such a thing as colored lenses for these?
Yes, they had colored lenses available, they are rare but do exist. There is a fluted piercer version and a clear pierce alert version. Both come in clear and colored.

Reactions: Lyle

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Any idea on the Whelen part # or series # for these colored lenses?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
The Piercer II was model PR100S**

• PR100SCC Would be Clear, Clear
  • PR100SRB Would be Red, Blue
  • PR100SAA Would be Amber, Amber
This is for the Piercer, not the Pierce Alert. The piercer technically only came with a black housing and colored fluted "windows". The halogen version was flashing halogen (special order no model number I can find), not oscillating, that's the pierce alert.

The Pierce Alert oscillating module was PR20S***
  • PR200SCCC Would be Clear Housing and Clear windows
  • PR200SRCC Would be Red Housing and Clear windows
  • PR200SARB Would be Amber Housing, One Red one Blue Window

picer.JPG

Keep in mind the Piercer and Pierce Alert housings were interchangeable in size as were the windows. The Piercer housing was default black and the widows fluted. The Pierce Alert the housing was default clear/colored and the windows non-fluted. You could however in theory order a Pierce Alert with a black piercer housing or a piercer with non-fluted windows. But the standard ordering process is as shown above. Also of note is that the Piercer (not Pierce Alert) could have Halogen 4x3 flashers replace the strobes as a special order (see Ohio State Edge). The Pierce Alert was often called a halogen Piercer, which is incorrect, a halogen piercer is just a strobe piercer with halogen bulbs. Also the "parts list" for the edge and the product lines from the years when they were sold do not list the Piercer and Pierce Alert "windows" or housings as separate parts (I know the windows were glued in and not meant to be replaced). Could you order just the full housing with "windows" without the guts? Portably if you called, most Whelen things are/were that way. Obviously the bulbs were all existing bulbs so they have part numbers.

Also once these options were installed into an advantedge instead of an edge everything changed. The advantedge piercer was a standard black center section with a cutout and a piece of fluted lens inserted with a twin sidebeam dual strobe behind it and the power supply mounted in the center of the bar on the rear black center lens piece. A Pierce Alert in and advantedge was a full clear center lens section with a Pierce Alert assembly mounted inside with two "gen I" advantedge rotators as the reflectors. Essentially a small chunk of an OSC bar. In an advantedge bar you lost the housing (the existing center sections was used for both) and the option(s) no longer "protruded".

The Piercer (1) ..... that's something different...
IMG_0006.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lyle and firebuff17

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Here are some "exceptions" that you can decide for yourself if they are custom ordered or built ("Wrong housing or Window").

pcr11.jpgpcr4.jpgpcr3.jpg

Here are some factory but less common ones

pcr1.jpg

pcr10.jpg
pcr2.jpgpcr5.jpg
pcr6.jpg
pcr8.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lyle and firebuff17

Lyle

Oct 28, 2012
Maine
Reactions: JohnMarcson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.