Whelen Project a Flex.

Dallas Cop

Hello, I am restoring an old police car. It has a Whelen Project a flex driver installed in front of and below the radiator and the speaker flare installed on the front grill. It is missing the flexible tubing. It is not that long of a run between the two however I have never seen or worked with this type of speaker so I am unfamiliar with the type of flex tubing that was OEM.

Does anyone know what type of commercially available hose I can use as a work around to purchase instead of getting an OEM part from Whelen ?

Since this is an antique car, the only time the siren will be used is during parades or other special events.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

dmathieu

Premium Member
I remember a reinforced clear smooth hard rubber flexible tubing. The closest I can come up with is the tubing that connects the sprayer to your kitchen faucet. In the proper diameter, of course. Smooth, non sound absorbing interior.

shues

Lifetime VIP Supporter
If I recall correctly, the original tubing was black, not clear. Some quick searching confirms my recollection:

athumbs.worthpoint.com_zoom_images1_1_0708_05_whelen_project_a59d50d873e20010b7e48dd1641de6337.jpg

athumbs.worthpoint.com_zoom_images1_1_1113_30_whelen_project_feb9e314a29c9b1e65812bc47b8fced45.jpg
Photos credit: worthpoint.com

Whelen's part number for a 60" section of flexible acoustical tubing is 26-0911577-00.

Carefully read the installation manual. It lists some key points about the proper length and routing considerations.

http://www.whelen.com/install/134/13467.pdf

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weoff8823
Top Bottom