Whelen Rocker area lights... What can I do?

octoberguy77

May 15, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
I like the Whelen Tracers but they're so expensive, I believe Im gonna do 4 or 5 LINZ6 heads on the lower side rocker panel area on both sides spread out evenly. Does anyone have any good ideas or done their own install-pics appreciated!!(Im strictly a Whelen guy FYI) This will be for a 07-14 bodystyle Chevy Tahoe PPV
*** Id buy the Whelen Tracers in R/W if I found a good deal new or used**

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
I usually use 3-4 whelen Duo t ions
you can use the solo ones as well but they fit perfect and have a little trick to make them sit perfectly flush And level

srulir

Feb 16, 2014
New York
You can use the Whelen Strip light plus duo.
Its like the size of 2 whelen T-ions.
I have some for sale if ur interested

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
If u wanna stay brand name, I vote for strip light plus duos or 4” mpowers...both are very slim/low profile and bright. Linz6 aren’t nearly as bright as those options & they’re bulkier (more likely to get kicked/bumped)

On the other hand, if you’re cool with private brand, look at the SNM Atom rocker panel light

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

Appreciate the shout out on these. We are excited for these. We've had them for use for over a year in Florida before releasing them online. I know people are skeptical but thats why we are selling at cost for a month or so on the roll out so they are cheaper than the SNM Rocker Kits. We didn't target the SNM rocker kits because ours are made in the US, we wanted to go after the single color Whelen Tracers. We've had them on all whelen builds and have had other whelen failures on the vehicles but not one failure of these rocker panels. Our Apopka shop has been doing almost exclusively Whelen builds with people providing the equipment. We wanted to offer something that worked well with Carbide but wasn't god awfully expensive. We also have a puck type version in the works with multiple mounting options

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.