Whelen Saphire ordering/programming

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
So at IWCE Motorola had a O9 APX head controlling a Whelen Sapphire (as far as I can tell) ((and a FS and Code 3 box)) via a 54ward interface box.

I see that the Sapphire ARM boxes are not showing as a separate orderable box anymore (unless I am reading it wrong)... so essentially, has anyone been able to order just the ARM (no control head) and if so - what was the cost?

At the moment if the cost works out, I'll be converting over to a O9 head and the sapphire ARM to control the wecan and legacy equipment...but obviously I wouldn't need the Cencom head.

I assume you don't need the head to program all this as well like most of their USB based products....?

Just getting a head start before all the official information from 54ward is released. Looks to be pretty cool stuff which will = $$$ I am sure. People were kinda mum there so I couldn't extract details. This is a different solution from what I am told than the siren that Whelen is making for Motorola

Photo Mar 23, 7 39 03 PM.jpg

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The whelen product in your photo is a CanTrol unit and not cencom.

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Yep, your right. I didn't look that closely... they said sahpiree so I went with that.

Any idea on the cost of the ARM box itself as I wouldn't need the head?

May 21, 2010
California
Cheaper to purchase the entire kit and keep the control head around for troubleshooting - that is the old CanTrol it has now changed to CanTrol WC - also there could be some magic going on there they did not tell you about..

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Wattco - Brent said:
Cheaper to purchase the entire kit and keep the control head around for troubleshooting - that is the old CanTrol it has now changed to CanTrol WC - also there could be some magic going on there they did not tell you about..

?????? Will you be able to buy them and get the software with out going to class for it ?

May 21, 2010
California
rescue567 said:
?????? Will you be able to buy them and get the software with out going to class for it ?

You need to check with your local Whelen Rep or Distributor that sells it...

Sapphire is avaialble to all and the software is openly available on the Whelen.com website..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.