Whelen Sapphire programming issues.

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
Success! sort-of...

I got my Sapphire today, mfg date: 08/12. With Command 2.0.0.0 (via "W"->Help->About), I initially couldn't extract from the Sapphire. It would go through the motions but at the last minute, it would complain about "Some kind of exception occurred" and Command would abruptly quit.

I jumped on Whelen's Website and noticed they put up "CenCom Sapphire 1" and "CenCom Saphire 3" since I last took a look.

I had no luck extracting from the Sapphire with "CenCom Saphire 1"...so I moved on to version "3".

I'm pretty sure I did _not_ perfectly retrace your steps...but

1. In "Command", I tried changing the pattern and phasing to SF60 and in my case, the heads all stay on the same phase...sometimes 180, sometime 0.

2. Good news: Using "CenCom Saphire 3", while I had some troubles installing it, I was eventually able to (somewhat) smoothly extract the original config on the Sapphire, make pattern and phase changes, transfer them back down to the Sapphire, and observe expected behavior.

Bottom line: you might have some luck with "CenCom Saphire 3" available here: https://www.whelen.com/software-downloads/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.