Whelen SC Liberty conversion to WeCan Liberty?

GE

Sep 30, 2015
Prairies Canada
You'd need a Wecan control board which, now that Wecan has been out for like a decade, shouldn't be too hard to come across. It would be a matter of just swapping them out and plugging in the lightheads. The Wecan board is 2-wire comms and 2-wire power. Real easy hookup to your Wecan controller.

And I say "shouldn't" be hard to find, because I'm surprised how some parts are difficult to come across despite being pretty common. One of the issues is this forum is pretty much the only one of its kind on the internet and with a relatively small readership, can sometimes be hard to find knick knacks like a Wecan board which are usually found at larger dealers and upfitters that can't be bothered with ELB.

smallish

May 8, 2020
Fremont, CA
Sooo... I'd need a WeCan board, a controller, and a module? Also if I'm going to program this I would need the WeCan CD, right?

sorry i'm not the most educated about this lol

GE

Sep 30, 2015
Prairies Canada
You can use any low current controller with the module in the first link. If you already have a switching system that's probably what you want. The third link is a Wecan module itself; you don't need another module, it connects directly to the bar.

Second link is what you'd need for your lightbar to convert it. It's worth noting I don't see any power or comm cabling with it so you'd need those in order to plug into the board. Whelen could have just used ring terminals or something else that wasn't proprietary, but we all know how they like to work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.