Whelen Scanlock Programmer

fleetcomm

I recieved a Whelen Scanlock programmer about a year ago and I think it is the greatest tool for programming Whelen lightheads because some of these light heads have 160+ patterns. I have wanted to be able to program the lightheads without finding a power source on the car or at my work bench so I bought a project box, banana plug, AA battery holder, switch, velcro, and foam so I could program these lightheads without finding a 12V power source. The only thing I have changed is replaced the batteries in the pictures with rechargeable AA batteries so I don't have open the box back up to change batteries when they go dead.

DSC03351.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

foxtrot5

Gold Supporter
NFD-102 said:
This is very cool, what's the cost and where can you get them?
I've never seen one listed online for sale but I bet if you contact any major whelen dealer they can at least quote you a price on it.

OP
OP
fleetcomm

fleetcomm

The scanlock programmer can be bought thur any whelen dealer and I think it runs about $70 and if you install alot of whelen product you will be very happy with this programmer because after alittle while all the patterns start to look the same or when you want to sync and have off set patterns. The rest of the stuff can be bought from radio shack or online.

TritonBoulder47

Site Guru
I think I saw one on eBay once... But only once... lol And it was a while ago...

foxtrot5 said:
I've never seen one listed online for sale but I bet if you contact any major whelen dealer they can at least quote you a price on it.
I love mine...Hugh is such a nice guy!

Made the CANTrol install much easier, as every light needed to be set to steady burn.

RES347CUE

Interesting 158 options on flash patterns after 25 they all look very similar

TritonBoulder47

Site Guru
Eric1249 said:
Can this programmer also be used for the ULF44?
If you have lightheads connected to the ULF-44 If not, how would you know what pattern it was on...?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
nrs3
Top Bottom