Whelen Scanlock Programmer

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
I recieved a Whelen Scanlock programmer about a year ago and I think it is the greatest tool for programming Whelen lightheads because some of these light heads have 160+ patterns. I have wanted to be able to program the lightheads without finding a power source on the car or at my work bench so I bought a project box, banana plug, AA battery holder, switch, velcro, and foam so I could program these lightheads without finding a 12V power source. The only thing I have changed is replaced the batteries in the pictures with rechargeable AA batteries so I don't have open the box back up to change batteries when they go dead.

DSC03351.jpg

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
NFD-102 said:
This is very cool, what's the cost and where can you get them?

I've never seen one listed online for sale but I bet if you contact any major whelen dealer they can at least quote you a price on it.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The scanlock programmer can be bought thur any whelen dealer and I think it runs about $70 and if you install alot of whelen product you will be very happy with this programmer because after alittle while all the patterns start to look the same or when you want to sync and have off set patterns. The rest of the stuff can be bought from radio shack or online.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
foxtrot5 said:
I've never seen one listed online for sale but I bet if you contact any major whelen dealer they can at least quote you a price on it.

I love mine...Hugh is such a nice guy!

Made the CANTrol install much easier, as every light needed to be set to steady burn.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.