whelen series 500 linear heads

kool aid 960

Jul 13, 2010
Nassau County NY
hey guys I will be installing 4 linear 500 super led lightheads in my 2011 avalanche my question is how would I sync up the four lights with the three wire pig tails? I never used these types of connections on stand alone light heads thanks

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
What color is the third wire?

Red, black and ???

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Just connect all the gray wires together and they will be synced... You'll probably have to cycle through the flash patterns on each head to get them the way you want them...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
You could certainly run the gray wire into the 3rd stand of the strobe cable. Then, simply go to where all the wires are powered at and connect all of the gray wires together. Run them all into a butt splice, or something similar.

kool aid 960

Jul 13, 2010
Nassau County NY
Thats what I was thinking the only thing throwing me off was the connections on the back my thinking is connect them all with strobe cable in the proper wire order run them to where they have to go cut down the wire butt splice the syncs and its all good. One more question though, If i want the heads do flash in a criss cross pattern (driver side upper head with pass lower head and pass higher head with driver lower head) would I have to hook the wires up in a certain sequence?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Nope, as long as all the sync wires are connected, the lightheads will be synced. Each lighthead has phase 1 & 2 of each flash pattern. Just make sure your drivers upper and passengers lower are on the same phase 1 while the other 2 are on phase 2...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.