Whelen siren, model ws2100

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I have a whelen siren, model ws2100 and seems like whenever I apply power to the

unit the back of the siren gets pretty hot, I have the two hot wires and two grounds

along with the two speaker wires hooked up. Units works prefect, but gets very hot.

Just wondering of anyone has ever ran into the same problems as I am having.

Maybe someone has a wiring diagram of the plug that goes in the back of the

siren.

thanks

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens

Pods are the Future :mrgreen:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

sirentech

Dec 15, 2010
USA CT
I would try to measure the current going into the siren on all the power leads. If you need the specs, let me know. If too much there is a a power supply problem or an output problem lurking. PM me if you want to discuss.

May 22, 2010
New York City
sirentech, do you work for whelen, the reason i ask, you are bring DEAD old threads from the burial ground up to new topics?

sirentech

Dec 15, 2010
USA CT
Hi 911, no I do work for Whelen, but I have been repairing sirens and other electronic equipment for the last 30 years. I am new to this forum and not sure if there are a lot of "siren mechanics" out there that can troubleshoot to the component level. I am looking into the archives because there might be some members that have put aside there treasured siren due to the fact that no one could repair it. To those, I offer an opportunity to bring it back to life if I can help.I would troubleshoot over the web or one can send me their siren if they wish. I have serviced all over the USA.

I have schematics for sirens dating back to the 1950's including many Carson, Whelen and Federal.

Thanks for asking a good question, and I hope it helps someone who is reading this post.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.