Whelen Slimlighter Steady Burn

motionman427

Oct 23, 2010
New Jersey
I have a Whelen Slimlighter (older style 5MM version) and I want to make both sides light up steady burn. I haven’t taken it apart yet, but is this something that can be done with the original flasher. I was thinking I can open it up and re-solder the wires that go to the led card that always flashes to the same side that controls the led card with the steady burn option. This way when it’s set to steady burn both will just stay illuminated. Will the two led cards soldered to the same side cause an overload or would my idea work.

Thanks for any help,
Ray

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.