Whelen tal65

mugsy87

Oct 4, 2015
kansas city kansas
I have a whelen tal65 I cannot get it to light up and there is no ground wire anywhere can anybody help me figure out how to try to get this thing to light up

mugsy87

Oct 4, 2015
kansas city kansas
Thanks for the wiring diagram I appreciate it the problem I'm having is there is no ground wire what so ever I cant figure out how to ground the light to make it light up

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
According to the diagram it says blue for the 65 cause there is no blue wire in the harness for any lights only the 85 series. But I'll ask what color wires are on your harness coming from the ta at the connector??

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
According to whelen...

Our traffic advisors all switch the ground side to enable, typically there is 1 common 12v positive and 8 ground control wires. The TAL series is wired differently as the install shows

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.