Whelen TIR6 3-wire "TIR Ballast Flasher w/ Sync"

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
Hey guys, I recently came across some lights I had laying around and they're Whelen TIR6's but only have 3 wires - Red/Black/Gray and they say "TIR Ballast Flasher w/ Sync" on the back. Someone had told me that they do contain flash patterns since the lights state "flasher". I'm starting to think otherwise since I know the 3 wires it has are +, - and sync. Does anyone know if theres a way to cycle the patterns if it does actually have them. Or is the light permanently set to the one flash pattern that it fires up with. Thanks for any help

Daniel

May 21, 2010
Leiden, the Netherlands
UndercoverVLS said:
Hey guys, I recently came across some lights I had laying around and they're Whelen TIR6's but only have 3 wires - Red/Black/Gray and they say "TIR Ballast Flasher w/ Sync" on the back. Someone had told me that they do contain flash patterns since the lights state "flasher". I'm starting to think otherwise since I know the 3 wires it has are +, - and sync. Does anyone know if theres a way to cycle the patterns if it does actually have them. Or is the light permanently set to the one flash pattern that it fires up with. Thanks for any help

IIRC those lights are some of the first superled & synchronized lighs whelen made available. They only have 75 fpm signalalert, in phase 1 & 2.

To change the phase of the light you need to short two pads together. These pads are found on the led board, accesible after removing the outer lens.

HTH, Daniël

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.