Whelen TIR6 window mount, is it possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2011
wisconsin
I have 2 TIR6's that i need to move to the back of my pov, which is a pickup truck, no room to surface mount them anywhere so i thought maybe i can just use like suction cup mounts or somthing and hang them in the back window, but no luck finding any such things, does anyone have any ideas for mounting them interior in a flat window? anything will help, thanks!

cory y

May 21, 2010
patrickhunter614 said:
I have 2 TIR6's that i need to move to the back of my pov, which is a pickup truck, no room to surface mount them anywhere so i thought maybe i can just use like suction cup mounts or somthing and hang them in the back window, but no luck finding any such things, does anyone have any ideas for mounting them interior in a flat window? anything will help, thanks!

star offers a rear window mount for their DLX6 models... Im not sure if they could be adapted for the TIR6...

"http://star1889.com/pdf/product-flyers/star-warning-systems/Versa_Star_Flyer.asp"

gman021

Dec 8, 2010
CT
Would you want to them on the rear outline of the cab. The thin area above and next each side of the back window. It would be like the custom whelen outer edge for your pickup. You would just need some metal from your local hardware store. The light output would be great!

bfd740

Jul 4, 2010
Babylon, NY
Right angle brackets.

You can make them out of sheet metal, maybe you can find something online. My suggestion would be to go to the local hardware store or Home Depot and find some sort of right-angle thing (such as corner braces) and buy 4 of them. Paint 'em black, and use them to hang the lights from the headliner. Depending on how the plastic trim and headliner are constructed, you may be able to do it without putting any holes in the truck by slipping them under the plastic/headliner and securing them with double sided tape if its a tight fit. I've seen it done this way many times and it seems to work well. I would also suggest looming the wires so that everything is nice and neat.

ncfireman1918

Jun 15, 2010
Mocksville, NC
You could also use a small piece of sheet aluminum from a hardware store, cut it a little larger than the lightheads (follow the directions for recessed (flush) mounting). Then drill holes just outside of the lightheads for suction cups, and stick them. It would work, but probably look like crap. I'd recommend using the above solution to mount them between the roof and headliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.