Whelen UHF2150A LED Headlights

cstoof

Apr 5, 2011
wyoming
Does anyone know if this flasher would flash LED replacement light bulbs? Does anyone know if there is any type of LED bulb that would be worth while to use in a Tahoe?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
In my experience, the UHF2150A will continue to flash under a no-load condition. It should work for your application.

2015-Impala

Jun 4, 2015
NJ
I have one flashing my led high beam headlights and it works fine. I have a 4200lm each side led kit. Halogen flashers will flash LEDs cuz they're made to work with halogens which use more power vs LEDs which require a lot less.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Halogen flashers will flash LEDs cuz they're made to work with halogens which use more power vs LEDs which require a lot less.

Be careful! This is not always the case. Some halogen flashers require a load of an amp or two in order to flash.

For instance, there are two versions of the Federal Signal FA3 flasher. The original version has the same three terminals as a 537 thermal flasher: +12 vDC in, +12v DC out to load A, and +12v DC out to load B. However, the newer version of the FA3 has a ground wire in addition to those same three terminals. With the ground wire connected, the FA3 will run regardless of whether or not a load is present. This allows it to flash LEDs. The older version of the FA3 does not work well with LEDs, or with small loads in general.

2015-Impala

Jun 4, 2015
NJ
Thanks for that shues, I was referring to our Whelen uhf2150's. But good to know. Kinda like the old flasher I have for these halogen lights. It runs even without any lights connected to it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.