Whelen Universal LAW dimensions?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
F41DD58B-EF92-417A-8EED-ED4A33228CE9.jpeg I am looking for the dimensions of the bulb for the LAW.
I have a lead on a system but after closely looking at where I want to install it I may not have enough room to mount the base of the bulb.
I am looking for the depth including the foam gasket from mating surface to “outside” depth and also from the gasket (not including gasket) to top of bulb. I have included the bulb in question and also a crude marking to describe the measurements.
Thank you

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thank you but no.
I took a chance and ended up buying the system on the bay that I was watching.
Received it the other day but have not had a chance to measure them to see if it would fit yet. Family, along with myself, ended up getting sick. Took 3 of us out for over a week.
Hopefully tomorrow will test it and measure it.

octoberguy77

May 15, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Thank you but no.
I took a chance and ended up buying the system on the bay that I was watching.
Received it the other day but have not had a chance to measure them to see if it would fit yet. Family, along with myself, ended up getting sick. Took 3 of us out for over a week.
Hopefully tomorrow will test it and measure it.
Hi, if it doesnt work out I may be interested in it. Just let me know

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Octoberguy77
Sorry but I will be holding onto these.
Opened the box and the flasher, 2 heads and (2) 20 foot cables all looked brand new. The bags were opened but everything looked flawless. Must have been opened for testing before sale or decided not to be used.
But I measured and actually installed the heads this am. It was a tight fit but they fit perfectly. Was able to get the head right in the middle of the reflector for optimum output. Ran out of time but will mount flasher and run cables tomorrow am.

octoberguy77

May 15, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Octoberguy77
Sorry but I will be holding onto these.
Opened the box and the flasher, 2 heads and (2) 20 foot cables all looked brand new. The bags were opened but everything looked flawless. Must have been opened for testing before sale or decided not to be used.
But I measured and actually installed the heads this am. It was a tight fit but they fit perfectly. Was able to get the head right in the middle of the reflector for optimum output. Ran out of time but will mount flasher and run cables tomorrow am.
No problem and thanks for your consideration

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.