Whelen Val U Bar

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
I found an all Amber Val u bar local for sale. It was originally two rotators, but he added two fast star rotators for total of 4 rotators. It has the black cover in the middle, not an all light version. Are these good lights? And worth the 175 asking price? I'm getting rid of my jet strobes and going with something simpler and I think this would be. Thanks and happy New year's.

Attachments

• 119888313_4735314489819575_4637371124150483113_o.jpg
    119888313_4735314489819575_4637371124150483113_o.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 19

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'd offer 100. Parts (bulbs anyway) can be hard to come by for those on the cheap.

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Strange I thought parts would be common as they are cheap and simple bars. That would s why I'm getting rid of my jet strobe.....hard to find actual strobe replacements.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have a Whelen Responder that has Val u bar end tags so I presume it would use the same guts. The rotators do use a specialty bulb. Although you cant run to the autoparts store to buy them, I thought they were readily available online (same bulb from many other bars (my Edge, Guardian, Centurion (including arrow/alleys)) use that same bulb).

Imo, its difficult for a rotator bar to be worth $150. People ask $400 for a bar worth $75 so avoiding the impulse buy until you can look around a bit.

What condition are the reflectors in? (Shiny or dull, chipped or burned?)

I would offer him $100 if it is in good condition. Not a lot of parts to fail on it, just pre buy a bulb or 2. I probably have a couple spare (used) ones fairly cheap if ya need.

It seems like a lot of halogen bars on Craigslist or Facebook have not been selling very good for a while. If ya make an offer that gets turned down, revisit it later to see if they changed their mind

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
Ok thanks. I decided against it, just too much hassle to maintain and get parts for. That includes my jet strobe and vista I have. Im really really thinking of getting a "newish' LED bar, just a simple all Amber, nothing fancy type. Less power draw and more reliable and maintenance free. I just need it for plowing and doing duties at a local race track, roadside type stuff. Thanks again

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
Ok thanks. I decided against it, just too much hassle to maintain and get parts for. That includes my jet strobe and vista I have. Im really really thinking of getting a "newish' LED bar, just a simple all Amber, nothing fancy type. Less power draw and more reliable and maintenance free. I just need it for plowing and doing duties at a local race track, roadside type stuff. Thanks again
Grab yourself a liberty very reliable bright bar with easy to find parts if needed been running liberty lightbars now for a nice while a bar can be had for a fairly reasonable price in most cases :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.