Whelen Vertex Brake flash

Johnnylobstah

Jan 21, 2021
Massachusetts
I have a pair of vertex (red) hideaways I’m using along with my OEM brake lights in my car. I use them with the steady burn flash pattern when i engage my brakes but I’m looking to see if there is a way i can wire them to flash once then steady burn when i engage the brakes. Thanks in advance!

Johnnylobstah

Jan 21, 2021
Massachusetts
I appreciate the reply!

my previous setup up for brake lights were with the Feniex Cannons. But the wiring in my vehicle wasn’t cooperating with the cannon and causing the the light head to flicker and not steady burn. The Vertex light heads have been nothing but perfect. I may look into the SL Flasher by whelen and see how well that can work for me.

Reactions: Dave F
May 31, 2010
Aurora, Coloado
May not be worth the ass pain but I did something very similar for my vehicle.

I ordered a third brake light flasher from Amazon for about 12 bucks. I wired in the vehicle anc connected the third brake light AND a single red Vertex that was set to steady burn. The vehicle has a lower center clear housing for the single backup light and mounted the Vertex there. So when I step on the brakes. the left and right come on steady and the center mount and the additional lower mounted Vertex flash fast for a second, then flash slow for another then steady burn.
It is a attention getting effect!

May 31, 2010
Aurora, Coloado
No, sorry. Dont have a video of it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.