Whelen Vertex steady on with break

fordpis2014

Jul 30, 2024
Ohio
Can a whelen vertex go to steady burn when pressing the break? My 2014 pis has a pair of vertex's in the brake, tail light and I would like them to come on steady when the break is pressed and return to the flash pattern when the break pedal is released.

Can a whelen vertex go to steady burn when pressing the break? My 2014 pis has a pair of vertex's in the brake, tail light and I would like them to come on steady when the break is pressed and return to the flash pattern when the break pedal is released.
Yes and no. They will not do that with their built in flasher. You can do it with an external flasher though. Im really only fluent in Whelen products, so your cheapest option with Whelen would be a ULF44. Set the Vertex to steady first. Then hook them up to the ULF outputs. Then hook the wire that used to go to the Vertex to the 12v input wire on the ULF. Then add a second wire from your brake to the pattern override input on the ULF. Set your primary pattern to whatever you want, then set the override to steady, or brake alert, or whatever brake pattern that you want.

Upvote 0
Yes and no. They will not do that with their built in flasher. You can do it with an external flasher though. Im really only fluent in Whelen products, so your cheapest option with Whelen would be a ULF44. Set the Vertex to steady first. Then hook them up to the ULF outputs. Then hook the wire that used to go to the Vertex to the 12v input wire on the ULF. Then add a second wire from your brake to the pattern override input on the ULF. Set your primary pattern to whatever you want, then set the override to steady, or brake alert, or whatever brake pattern that you want.
Thank you for your reply.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XR4TiCrew