Whelen wecan pre and post legacy

Cesar198660

May 8, 2023
washington
Hello so I recently bought a whelen liberty wecan board and I just found out there is pre legacy button in command when trying to upload my patterns to the bar. I was very bummed out because I was wanting to use some newer flash patterns but my bar is made in 2009 so it’s pre legacy . So my question is what dates are post legacy? Meaning what manufacture date would support the newer patters . FYI I’m looking at a whelen liberty 1 board not the liberty II

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
Hope this helps:
I have a board, "WC LIBERTY I/O ASSEMBLY" PN "01-0264940-00G" mfg 08/12 that does NOT take patterns (i.e. its pattern table is built-in).

I have a "LFL Liberty Series" model "SW8AAAA" mfg 01/15 that DOES take patterns (i.e. pattern table is downloaded from the controller as needed).

IIRC, the board in the SW8AAAA was mfg in 2014 but I don't have the actual board part number handy. I *think* it had the same part number but was revision "00H" but I'm not 100% sure - might have been "00L".

Actually, this sound like a good question to put to Whelen TS - have you tried that?

Last edited:

Cesar198660

May 8, 2023
washington
Hope this helps:
I have a board, "WC LIBERTY I/O ASSEMBLY" PN "01-0264940-00G" mfg 08/12 that does NOT take patterns (i.e. its pattern table is built-in).

I have a "LFL Liberty Series" model "SW8AAAA" mfg 01/15 that DOES take patterns (i.e. pattern table is downloaded from the controller as needed).

IIRC, the board in the SW8AAAA was mfg in 2014 but I don't have the actual board part number handy. I *think* it had the same part number but was revision "00H" but I'm not 100% sure - might have been "00L".

Actually, this sound like a good question to put to Whelen TS - have you tried that?
No I have not tried to put whelen TS . Can you direct me into that direction please?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.