Whelen WS-295-MP made in 1986 with Tri-Tone!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Picked this up recently on auction. Has a US Government property tag and had a US Forest Service receipt in it, so possibly came from them. Came with it's original "ship date" tag showing it shipped January 1986. Thanks to Kent (@MtnMan) in getting me the wire pinout. LOVE the sound of the Tri-Tone. Photos and video below.

1587852228710.png
1587852248905.png
1587852259190.png

Ben G

May 24, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Had one of those on a Type II ambulance made by Tri Star from Nova Scotia. Was a big change for Ontario when they switched from Code 3 LP's and PA300's to Whelen Edge bars and this siren. Didn't last long. We used the Tri Tone just to annoy management.

• Haha
Reactions: lotsofbars

dumont120

Sep 29, 2023
poland
Good morning
I'm from Poland
please help
I have a Whelen 295/MP which has the wires cut off from the cube
please take a photo of the connector and show what color it is
Thank you and best regards

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Good morning
I'm from Poland
please help
I have a Whelen 295/MP which has the wires cut off from the cube
please take a photo of the connector and show what color it is
Thank you and best regards
I am at work for another few hours today. When I get home I can take some photos for you.

dumont120

Sep 29, 2023
poland
thank you very much for your help
I had wires for the speaker without the brown cable and the speaker went up in smoke
luckily I have a spare coil
if you can still ask for a photo of the microphone inside, which color is soldered where, because my microphone is cut off and I will use a replacement one
best regards and thank you

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
thank you very much for your help
I had wires for the speaker without the brown cable and the speaker went up in smoke
luckily I have a spare coil
if you can still ask for a photo of the microphone inside, which color is soldered where, because my microphone is cut off and I will use a replacement one
best regards and thank you
It will be a few days before I have time to do that

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.