Whelen WS-295 only 2 tone help

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
My recently acquired Whelen siren had been hacked, so it can only use the hi-lo siren sound (only allowed here in the Netherlands)
I would like to use the other sounds too, could anyone give me a closeup of the print so i can compare one with each other , help appreciated!
Also i "hear" the Whelen, there is a very small speaker inside the unit, is this normal?

IMG_20180607_230024985.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180607_230037121.jpg
    IMG_20180607_230037121.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
I am no expert on electronics but my guess is if this siren is made for the Netherlands/Holland it is changed to comform to your countrys law.
The hi-lo frequencies and timing are different from the US standard hi-lo.
What have been altered more we can only guess.

Regarding the sound inside the siren it should be the sound from the oscillator circuit you hear.
You hear this from most electronic sirens if not all.
It is like the sound you hear from strobe power supplies.
There is no small speaker!

Michael

Reactions: Thomas1234

Thomas1234

Oct 4, 2016
Nterhelands
Thanks @cmb56 its indeed a siren form the Netherlands, Rotterdam Airport infact. I desoldiered some cables that looked suspicious custom, now i have sound on both 3 siren variations, Yelp is now one beep, Yelp and hi-low are now both hi-low..at least some prgression, and there must be some speaker in it, cause its loud (way louder then the oscillator could go). also managed to smash the little light...bummer.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.