Whelen X-ecutor Manual wanted

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
As the title reads. Looking for Manuals for the X-ecutor siren. Mainly an install manual. But looking for anything that goes with it.

Managed to come across an X-ecutor with the control head and the wiring between the 2. There are a couple wires cut from the harness which I assume are for the speaker, power and control, etc. Just want to hook it up correctly.
Thanks

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Okay. So amazing things happen when you search using correct spelling! Lol
I found the manual for the brain box. Although I only found the manual for the X-ecutor II brain, they should be the same. I will have a look at it tomorrow to confirm

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
So I found the manual for the amplifier. It has the wiring diagram to wire to the control head. My question to everyone, can I wire the amp up and not use the control head? I am looking to use the manual xecutor tone, the bell, and brake.
In the control head manual I see I can wire up the manual button but it has to come off the control head. I saw on the amp diagram I can wire up the brake. I was hoping I can just wire up the amp and a couple buttons on my main controller.
@Tony P I am tagging you because you helped me with the control head pdf. Maybe you have more ideas or know someone who may be of assistance.
@JohnMarcson I am tagging you as in doing research, a post back in 2015 came up with your posting the manuals but they are no longer available in the forum (pre-forum update probably).

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Pretty sure you can wire directly. Check around YouTube for some videos. There was one at one time that everything was wired by switches.

I had a xecutor-1 at one point that was run off switches.
Seth

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Thanks @C17LVFD
I did see a couple videos, one of which was who I believe to be @Henry455, which I also believe to not be in here anymore. They had built a home made control panels which had the rotary switch, and a couple push buttons to mimic the original control head.
My thinking was the same as yours, I believe I can just apply voltage to the correct control wire from the amp to provide the correct tone I am looking for. But I Figured I would ask before doing so, as I don’t want to blow this thing up with the magical blue smoke. Lol.
I was hoping to utilize 3 momentary push buttons on my controller for the manual xecutor tone, brake, and bell.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Copy. Pretty sure they’re 12v triggers but I always start with putting triggers to ground first, then 12v. Also if u blow it up MTNMAN maybe able to bring it back to life. He’s a wealth of knowledge and repair on sirens.

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.