Whelen X-Ecutor wiring Question

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I am in a spare rig at work and it has the Whelen X-Ecutor siren WITH control head. The EQ2B is OOS and we have been using the X-Ecutor as our primary noise maker. Problem with this is that the control head is mounted forward on the dash and requires the drivers to reach far forward to operate and it becomes cumbersome, awkward, difficult at times to operate efficiently.
I have found install manuals online and I am trying to decipher if it is possible to have a separate manual button wired into the control head. Effectively, I would like to wire a momentary button closer to the driver, or even mount a foot switch, so we could operate the siren via separate switch OR the control head switch.
I do not know if it is the X-Ecutor 1 or X-Ecutor 2. Have not searched around the cab for the siren amplifier yet.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Perfect. I saw on the manual that wire listed as “wiring option 2” but I didn’t see what that wire activated OR if I could use that along with the control head.
This is perfect. Thanks MtnMan!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.