Whelen ?

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Guess on a value? I'm not a strobe fan. But thought the bar might be something sought after.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
500-600 to the right guy, in this condition. Maybe up to 800 retail all refurbed with the rest of the speaker there. All depends on who wants it, but it might take a while to sell waiting for the right guy.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
but it might take a while to sell waiting for the right guy.

What would you say on age mid to late 1980's? We had the 5200's on our EMS units during that time period. Not sue about the bar. My fear on strobes is the power units go out and then you just have a nice looking but non working light.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
That is a Whelen model 5838 bar and based on what little remains of the speaker, was likely a Whelen SA-370-C or SA-380-U. As-is, that bar is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $500. As for the era, very late 1970's to the very early 1990's.

Reactions: Skulldigger

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
What would you say on age mid to late 1980's? We had the 5200's on our EMS units during that time period. Not sue about the bar. My fear on strobes is the power units go out and then you just have a nice looking but non working light.
Local pickup only! Ouch! I'm not too close to GA :)
FWIW I recently got a 5200 head-only NOS but arrived DOA. Just replaced the main power transistor with a Motorola 2N5882 and she came right back to life. The 2N5882 seems to work pretty well in old UPSs too. These beauties are worth saving!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.