Whelen's new LED spotlight

firecar96

May 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Whelen has come out with an LED retro fit kit for the Unity spotlight. Let me tell you, this thing is SWEET! :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

More info to come once Whelen releases a spec sheet. List price for this kit is $239.00

Pics can be seen here http://www.installinsight.com

Contact myself or your local Whelen dealer for ordering information.

Steve R.

Steve's Emergency Equipment

Are they going to offer these with colored LED options, such as red for those of us in the "Steady Burn" state who LOVE the old red cherry effect?

firecar96 said:
Whelen has come out with an LED retro fit kit for the Unity spotlight. Let me tell you, this thing is SWEET! :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

More info to come once Whelen releases a spec sheet. List price for this kit is $239.00

Pics can be seen here http://www.installinsight.com

Contact myself or your local Whelen dealer for ordering information.

Steve R.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Looks like I may be drilling my "A" pillar in my mustang- if this LED really throws far.. :shock:

Even with aftermarket lens' and HID lights, I still need more forward light. I wish Ontario would get some darn electricity. (and street lamps up north) :lol: :roll:

ibby

May 28, 2010
SireLite said:
I say $175. lol

I dont know how he does it... maybe hes got some dirt on Whelen and hes using it as blackmail to get lower prices....

hmmm.... ;)

SPILL IT HPD84 :lol:

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Duster said:
Are they going to offer these with colored LED options, such as red for those of us in the "Steady Burn" state who LOVE the old red cherry effect?

That would be badass on the right side, like old Colorado state patrol cars.

It would be badasser if they made them dual, switchable colors.

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
Bet it's safe to say that other companys will be making this if they have'nt yet.

Various colors, alot less money since whelen charges extra for clear leds.

Would'nt be surprised to see sound off or code3 jump on this money maker.

Jim Rogers

Northern Lights/Sirens

Pods are the Future :mrgreen:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Northernlights/siren said:
Bet it's safe to say that other companys will be making this if they have'nt yet.
Various colors, alot less money since whelen charges extra for clear leds.

Would'nt be surprised to see sound off or code3 jump on this money maker.
Ya got me thinking..

Which company will be the first to offer a "generation 2" model of a unity style light? (at least half the size, more LED light output?)

S

sargeek

If you need long distance illumination, I would think a Halogen, HID would be better, but to use during a traffic stop to put up a bright wall of light, I'm sure this will be awesome!

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
If you look at the specs on his Tahoe youll see the Whelen Cencom GRAY. I think this is the new Cencom from Whelen with a duel tone. Can anyone advise where to get it. I have not seen it for sale anywhere yet. By the way if anyone has a cencom gold Ill take it off your hands.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I think it would be BA to have a spot light with a rotating ring of warning LED's along the rim with a flashing white in the center, being all white during a stop. Only problem is my spot light flops back violently over 80 MPH

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
VolEms said:
If you look at the specs on his Tahoe youll see the Whelen Cencom GRAY. I think this is the new Cencom from Whelen with a duel tone. Can anyone advise where to get it. I have not seen it for sale anywhere yet. By the way if anyone has a cencom gold Ill take it off your hands.

That's Hugh A's build. He might answer if he made his way over here, which I don't think he has from the old board.

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
I have been wondering why no one had offered a product along these lines. If this is a simple drop-in install, I will certainly have a white on the driver's side and red on the passenger!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
rwo978 said:
That's Hugh A's build. He might answer if he made his way over here, which I don't think he has from the old board.

FYI

Hugh has decided to take a break from lightbar boards... or so he has told me. This was his decision.. I have tried to get him to come back with no success. I hope in the future he will reconsider, but I respect his decision.

John

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
JohnMarcson said:
FYI

Hugh has decided to take a break from lightbar boards... or so he has told me. This was his decision.. I have tried to get him to come back with no success. I hope in the future he will reconsider, but I respect his decision.

John

Hugh seems to have pulled back from a lot of his previous social circles.. :( :(

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
Duster....Marin office ... has the led arrow stick in it, chrome spotlights, painted white side mirrors to match car with mirror beams , red leds on the front bumber with the led housings painted white to match the car also. if i remember correctly it doesnt have a psuh bar...I was out on a call with it about 6-9 months ago see it once in awhile...will try to grab pics of it

GranPrix

May 23, 2010
FL
PAR-46 Super-LED Spotlights are rated to last 50,000 hours and provide remarkably bright light. Designed especially for the Unity Spotlight, PAR-46 Super-LED lights are a drop-in replacement for outdated halogen lamps. Lightweight, low-current and water resistant, they provide stable light output for thousands of operating hours.

FEATURES:

• 12 VDC Super-LED spotlight draws only 2.3 amps and provides more lumens per watt than traditional sources.

Whelen Super-LED PAR46

? 2000 Lumens

? 30 Watts

Traditional Halogen Lamp

? 1000 Lumens

? 50 Watts

• Reverse polarity protected.

• Replaceable hard coated polycarbonate lens provides increased durability and longevity.

• Heavy duty black powder coated die-cast aluminum heatsink.

• Industry standard brass slotted head connection point.

• Unique internal optics provide an extremely intense and smooth 2° circular spotlight.

• Unit weighs only 1lb.

• SAE J1113-42 Class 5 EMI certified.

• Emits zero EMI.

• Patent pending:

• Internal thermal regulator maximizes the lifespan of the LED diodes.

• Internal circuity and unique optics provide an extremely intense and smooth 2° circular spotlight.

• Ventilation system eliminates the infiltration of moisture by providing a constant internal atmosphere.

• Five-year HDP® Heavy-Duty Professional warranty.

MODEL:

P46SLC………..PAR-46 Super-LED

Replacement, White

ff168577

May 22, 2010
Levittown, Pa
I attended the Nj Police Expo yesterday. Many of New products were there including the Led Spot light. I have several pictures I took of this product as well as other products that were just released. I will say this light is super bright and will be very worth the money for it. Warnock Fleet out of Northeren Jersey stated the product will be around $200-$225 and takes about an 1 hour to install.

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_162.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_161.jpg

ai133.photobucket.com_albums_q48_ff168577_160.jpg

firecar96

May 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
ff168577 said:
I attended the Nj Police Expo yesterday. Many of New products were there including the Led Spot light. I have several pictures I took of this product as well as other products that were just released. I will say this light is super bright and will be very worth the money for it. Warnock Fleet out of Northeren Jersey stated the product will be around $200-$225 and takes about an 1 hour to install.

I completely agree!

Steve R.

H.A.

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
Hi,

I came over now. Everyone happy? :ugeek:

- The spotlight lists at $239, so the internet-whores should be selling it in the $150 range.....

- The idea of a smaller, brighter, spotlight would defeat the purpose of retrofitting into the "industry standard" Unity spotlamp platform. Sure Whelen could design a different one, or even create an A-pillar mount for a pioneer spotlight, but why? Everyone uses a Unity, therefore a drop-in lamp makes the most sense...

- The Cencom in our Tahoe is Gray, which means it is the model that is compatible with the 54ward Voice Activation system. The Tahoe has the ability to voice control all functions in the vehicle, plus run plates, licenses, video, radar, radios, etc. I also have the ability of running all functions through the touch screen on my toughbook. This gives you 3 redundant controls over equipment.

- I wonder what Warnock is talking about when they gave pricing and install time? Are they talking about a complete new Unity spotlight with the new lamp, installed in your vehicle? Because the price sounds high for just the lighthead, and the install time sounds about 55 minutes too long.

H

(PS - While at the Police and Security Expo, did you happen to check out the Caprice? :cool: )

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
H.A. said:
Hi,

I came over now. Everyone happy? :ugeek:

- The Cencom in our Tahoe is Gray, which means it is the model that is compatible with the 54ward Voice Activation system. The Tahoe has the ability to voice control all functions in the vehicle, plus run plates, licenses, video, radar, radios, etc. I also have the ability of running all functions through the touch screen on my toughbook. This gives you 3 redundant controls over equipment.

(PS - While at the Police and Security Expo, did you happen to check out the Caprice? :cool: )

Yes, very! Welcome!

With the Cencom Gray, is there any good source for the rest of the P54 hardware needed to make the system run (if you still need outside hardware)?

H.A.

Jun 24, 2010
Michigan
You can check with 54ward in regards to ordering a "Simple Command" System. To operate your light and siren functions, you need the Cencom Gray, and Simple Command primary hub. But it has to run through an in-car computer. If you want to integrate other equipment like radios, etc , you'll need to find out from them if your radio will interface, then you'll need to order the proper interface cables, plus add a "secondary" hub to your vehicle. If you have a laptop already, then the simple command and cencom gray will cost you about $2k-$2200 (ish).

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Yes, look at Whelens site and also use the search function on this site.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.